Fiberglass grating handrails from Direct Metals® are easy to assemble, cost effective, and low maintenance. Our fiberglass grating handrail systems are both industrial and commercial, and can be used for stair rails, platform and walkway handrails, and guardrails. Fiberglass handrail systems are fabricated from pultruded fiberglass components and molded thermoplastic connectors. Our modular fiberglass grating handrail systems are available in 2-inch square or 2-inch round configurations that are easy to grip, making them ideal for any high traffic area.
Features of Fiberglass Grating Handrail Systems:
- Corrosion resistant
- Easy to fabricate
- Structurally strong
- Low in thermal conductivity
- High impact resistant
Advantages of Using Fiberglass Grating Handrail Systems:
- Ease of Assembly - Fiberglass grating handrail systems are easy to assemble because they are produced in lightweight standard sections in kit form and include both a post and a rail. Fiberglass systems can either be assembled in large sections and shipped to the site or assembled and installed on site with simple carpenter tools.
- Internal Connection System - All connections in our fiberglass grating handrail systems fit flush, resulting in a streamlined appearance. The internal connections allow the construction of continuous handrail systems around circular tanks without special fittings.
- Safety Features - Fiberglass grating handrail systems come in a highly visible yellow color and feature low electrical conductivity, as well as high strength.
- Low Maintenance - Corrosion resistant fiberglass with molded-in color outlasts the external finish of aluminum or steel systems. Our fiberglass handrail grating requires virtually no maintenance.
- Cost Effective - Fiberglass components and easy to assemble and provide savings on labor and maintenance, which results in long-term savings and elimination of the cost and inconvenience of plant shutdowns during repairs.
Fiberglass Grating Ladders and Fiberglass Grating Ladder Cage SystemsFiberglass grating ladders and fiberglass grating ladder cage systems outlast aluminum and steel in a wide range of industries, including chemical plants and other corrosive environments, even when the ladder systems are completely submerged for extended periods of time. Fiberglass ladders and cages can be installed in a variety of applications. Some of these applications include:
- Portable equipment
Click on a photo for a larger view: